These Cordon Bleu Rabbit Nuggets are easy to make and will quickly become a favorite recipe!
Cordon Bleu Rabbit Nuggets
- 1 – 1.5 lbs of boneless rabbit meat
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 5 slices deli ham
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice the rabbit into about 24 chunks. Slice each chunk in half, hamburger style.
- Slice the ham and cheese into squares the same size as the chunks. Sandwich a piece of ham and a piece of cheese between each pair of rabbit chunks and secure with a toothpick.
- In one bowl mix together the flour, salt and pepper. In another, beat the egg and water. Place the bread crumbs in the third bowl.
- Dunk each chunk into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then the breadcrumbs, then place on a greased baking sheet. You can leave the toothpicks in for now.
- Lightly spray all the nuggets with some cooking spay and bake for ten minutes. Then remove the toothpicks, flip the nuggets, and cook for ten minutes more.