Creamed rabbit and biscuit casserole – a great midweek meal! Fast and easy to whip up ahead of time and then just add the biscuits before baking. Consider pairing with peas…or even adding them to the casserole to make it a truly one-dish dinner!
Creamed Rabbit and Biscuit Casserole – Ingredients:
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 lbs chopped cooked rabbit
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento or 1/2 cup sautéed red bell peppers or 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Refrigerated biscuits
Creamed Rabbit and Biscuit Casserole – Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 11×7 inch baking dish or 10 inch quiche dish.
- Chop the onion.
- Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet and sauté until tender.
- Combine cooked onion, soup, rabbit, milk, pimiento, and mayo in a bowl and then turn into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the baked mixture.
- Arrange biscuits decoratively in a single layer and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over them.
- Return casserole to oven and bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, usually about 20 minutes longer.