Panko and Mustard Crusted Rabbit
The Panko and Mustard Crusted Rabbit recipe will have the kids hopping to the table for more!!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 (2 1/2 to 3-pound) fryer rabbits, cut into 8 serving pieces, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 500°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together butter and mustard. In a large bowl, toss together panko and thyme.
Season rabbit pieces with salt and pepper. Using a pastry brush, brush 1 piece generously with mustard mixture, then dip in panko mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to large rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pieces, using 2 baking sheets. Drizzle pieces with olive oil.
Bake 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F. Bake until crust is golden and juices run clear when meat is pricked with a fork, about 10 minutes more.