Buffalo Rabbit Meatballs, this recipe is a great appetizer for games, potlucks or something different for dinner. A fun play on Buffalo chicken wings – a lean, mean ground rabbit meatball!
Buffalo Rabbit Meatballs -Ingredients
- 1 pound ground rabbit
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola (or other bleu cheese) cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable or olive oil, to grease the baking dish
Buffalo Rabbit Meatballs -The sauce
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Buffalo Rabbit Meatballs – Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub the bottom of a large baking dish with a bit of oil, to prevent the meatballs from sticking.
- Combine all meatball ingredients until well-blended. (The mixture may feel a bit sticky.) Roll the mixture into one inch balls. Place in a single layer in the baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Combine the Frank’s Red Hot with the melted butter. For a milder sauce, add more butter or decrease the hot sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and serve!
Makes about 2 dozen. You can easily double or triple this recipe for a big crowd!