In the summer who wants to stand over a hot oven cooking? Not us! That’s why we love our crock pot so much and Creamy Rabbit with Biscuits. This rabbit recipe is like an upside down pot pie. It is creamy, delicious and easy to make.
Crock Pot Creamy Rabbit with Biscuits
1 1/4 lb. boneless rabbit meat
1 T. dried minced onion
1 dried bay leaf
1/4 tsp. black pepper
18 oz. chicken gravy, jar
2 medium celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 1/4 c. baking mix like Bisquick (or use canned biscuits)
2/3 c. milk
1 lb. mixed vegetables, frozen bag
- Place rabbit in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with onion, bay leaf, pepper and gravy. Place celery on gravy.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Approximately 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using baking mix and milk as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into rabbit mixture.
- Increase heat to High. Cover again and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl. Spoon about 3/4 cup rabbit mixture on top of biscuit.