Homemade Oven Rabbit Jerky is easy to make and absolutely delicious! Like all jerky, this is a great way to take your meat on the road, camping, hiking or just to have a quick snack anywhere. We found a lot of people are willing to try rabbit jerky before they try any other rabbit meat recipe; this might sell a few newbies on the wonders of rabbit meat.
Here is a recipe for rabbit jerky that is tried and tested. This rabbit jerky recipe doesn’t require any fancy equipment, just your kitchen stove! But feel free to try it in your smoker or dehydrator. Don’t be afraid to change up the spices on your rabbit jerky to find a blend that suits your tastes best. Enjoy!
Homemade Oven Rabbit Jerky
- 2lb Rabbit Meat
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce1
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Place all the ingredients (not meat) into a freezer bag and shake to combine them.
- Now place meat into the bag and shake carefully to coat all the meat.
- Seal bag and refrigerate for 12 hours minimum (the longer the better)
- Place the marinated meat into a preheated oven at 250. on a rack if possible and cook for 4 hours until the meat feels dry to touch. (if not using a rack and just a tray then turn over half way through)
- Remove from oven, place in a cool dry place to air dry for 24 hours.
We’d like to hear how this recipe works for you so feel free to leave a comment or message us. And be sure to check out the other recipes here on Hostile Hare’s recipe pages.
Recipe originally found at huntgameworkdogs.com