On the menu today – Rabbit Salad Sandwiches. Great for a summer picnic or to take in your lunch to work. Serve the salad on a crusty french bread or a nice roll. You’re going to want seconds!
Rabbit Salad Sandwiches
- 3 1/2 cups cooked, shredded rabbit (about 2 lbs rabbit meat)
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 stalks)
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, such as Craisins, chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced bread or rolls for serving
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard (optional)
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl toss together shredded rabbit, celery, pecans, dried cranberries and Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together all ingredients listed for the dressing until well blended.
- Pour dressing mixture over rabbit mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- Serve over sliced bread, croissants or rolls.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 5-6 servings